I recently had a number of digital images made into slides by a local pro lab. I did not like the results. The film was something by Kodak (not sure what). The contrast increased greatly and color shifted from what I had on my screen. To get decent results would, I expect, take much experimenting and calibration, at great cost. I may have to do it again someday, but I won't have it done often.

Shooting slides from prints also does not give great results, but perhaps better results than going from digital directly to a slide. Next time, I think I'll make a print I am satisfied with on my Epson 870, then have the lab shoot that.

Joe