mike wilson wrote:

> Malcolm Smith wrote:
> > There has been some interesting answers to this question! I am
> > surprised at the restraint shown, as I didn't think it was possible
> > (especially a year by Mike Wilson!) ;-)
>
> It took me that long to recover from spending so much on a camera. 8-)

I know what you mean (!) but I don't think a better deal can be done today.
I looked at prices of film cameras and lenses to see if I could get one or
two reasonably priced lenses for my 67, under the impression that so many
people migrating to digital would cause a price slump. The prices are as
good as they were a few years back. I then looked at LX prices and found the
same result; prices are as good as they were when I bought mine; if anything
I got a better deal on them.

Whatever the impact of digital, film cameras seem to have retained their
value, judging from adverts and the eBay auctions I've often followed with
more than a passing interest.

Malcolm