On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Peter Jordan wrote:
> Reading between the lines on some recent posts, people seem to value their
> PZ-1p higher than the MZ-S.
>
> My impressions are that the autofocus on the MZ-S is faster (which I
> probably don't need as I don't do many action shots), but the user interface
> on the PZ-1p is "better", however you define better.
>
> I can also see some differences between the PZ-1 and PZ1-p specifications.

I don't own a PZ-1p or an MZ-S, so maybe I shouldn't answer.

One issue with the MZ-S is that it doesn't have an Av wheel.  This
means that it will only work with FAJ lenses in Tv or P modes.  The
PZ-1[p] has a similar interface to the *ist D that uses an Av wheel to
control aperture and thus would give you the ability to use FAJ
lenses.

The current FAJ lenses aren't very exciting, so this might not be a
big deal.

The hypermanual/hyperprogram mode on the *ist D (which I do own, and
it appears to be copied from the PZ-1[p]) is wonderful.  If I ever got
back into shooting film I would probably sell my ZX-5n and pick up a
PZ-1p.

On the other hand the MZ-S has better sounding gee-wiz features than
the PZ-1p.

alex