on 19.11.03 18:13, Paul Eriksson at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I'm sorry but I can't agree with that a good quality record player in a good
> stereo system a cd can't touch a LP much less a high quality pressed LP.
It's all relative. There are some audio qualities on LPs played on thousends
$$$$$ record players, that make some people to prefere this sound.
Unfortunately no matter what system you are using, LPs has far worse
dynamics, S/N ratio and channel separation than CDs. And they are getting
worse every time you listen to them. I would compare it to slides viewed
using projector vs. DSLR pictures viewed via multimedia LCD projector. In
this situation slides quality is unsurpassed, but there is more to
photography than just viewing it on the screen and that's why digital is
gaining popularity...

--
Best Regards
Sylwek