I read someones comment one that 385 megabytes was the minimum files size for professional images. Maybe you ought to keep that in mind, Shel (GRIN).

I also read where most of the folks who have a lot of achived images to digitalize have already dones so, and they are not going to redo all that work. Which they claimed is why film scanner sales are way down, and not the move to digital cameras as one might believe at first thought.

--

Shel Belinkoff wrote:

Depends on the resolution and the equipment used.  Prices start at about $25.00
... however, one lab may be renting their Imacons, so I can get up to 8000dpi
for only $20/hr or so.  Minimum high res is 6000dpi for 35mm.  4000dpi is for
"hobby scanning" <LOL>

Herb Chong wrote:

how much do you pay for your high res scans? the places around me cost $20
minimum for 4000dpi for the scan, and that doesn't include the CD that they
return the files to me on. places that charge less don't do a good enough
job for me. colors are off or there is way too much dust.

-- graywolf http://graywolfphoto.com

"You might as well accept people as they are,
you are not going to be able to change them anyway."