On 6 Jan 2004 at 13:54, mike.wilson wrote:

> if there was
> enough wind to turn the blades, why is the vegetation unblurred?  I see
> the very tops are moving but I would expect more.   Maybe that is
> another exposure....  He lists nine exposures but I can only count 15
> blades which, divided by the normal three, gives a five exposure shot.
> The conifers and birches/aspens could be separate exposures.

I make it five shots too, since the multi-exposure function is additive the
post of the turbine would make overwrite the foreground bushes so I guess it's
all the one scene. Maybe the perspective makes the height deceptive and often
standing below there is little breeze even though the turbine is spinning at
quite a rate. From recollection wind speed at 35 metres will generally be at
least twice that at ground level, most turbines are at least 25m above ground.

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998