If the best life lies in being able to do something you enjoy, and make a living at it, then I think Monte is doing pretty well. Whether we approve of his approach and style or not. It's just so easy to criticize successful people, when we know we can shoot better than they can.

Len
---
* There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Not to mention you get exactly the same thing from all the guys and gals who have taken his seminars. When you hire Monte Zucker, what you get is Monte Zucker himself, or one of his employees. Not some kind of special available nowhere else photography. He has just carried name brand recognision to the maximum level in wedding photography.

And , BTW, most brides only have one big wedding, even if they get married several times in their life. That alblum is oridginal to her, never mind that every other bride has one just like it. She ain't like us photogs who look at thousands of photos an start seeing the similarities. Furthermore, you have to produce photos that she likes, not ones that you like. That is what being a pro is all about.

--

Mark Roberts wrote:
"Len Paris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Few of us can be Monte Zucker or Steve Sint.

I'd just like to take this opportunity to say that Monte Zucker's photos
make me positively gag. I realize that he's very good at what he does
but, man, it's like fingernails on a blackboard to me!

Whew! I feel much better having gotten that off my chest! (I feel like
Mike Johnston on the subject of flowers or cats in photography!)

-- graywolf http://graywolfphoto.com

"You might as well accept people as they are,
you are not going to be able to change them anyway."

Expand your wine savvy — and get some great new recipes — at MSN Wine. http://wine.msn.com