On 8 Jan 2004 at 20:32, Anders Hultman wrote:

> As you can see, it's the same picture but the second one is made
> brighter in Photoshop. He and I have looked at the two files on six
> or so different monitors and they look quite different from monitor
> to monitor. On most, I'd say that the darker picture is the better,
> since the highlights are completely blown on the brighter one (i.e.
> snow and sky; it's impossible to see that the sun is there).

I would suggest that the images contain more problems than just brightness. I
would discard the bright image and then work on the gamma and over-saturation.
Load the darker image and pull the gamma down to 1.4, add a little more red in
the colour balance and the saturation pull the saturation down -10 and it's
getting reasonable. Let me know if you would like me to send you my edit of the
pic.

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998