on 22.01.04 23:23, lazarus at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> A. The MicroDrives, if so which brand as I've seen and IBM and maybe one
> other.
They are quite delicate, you have to handle them with care. Also they are
slower than fast CFs, and startup time of *istD will be 3-4 s. instead of 1
s.

> OR
> B. CF, I've seen that these have some of Accelaration feature which the
> *ist D has support for.

The fastest cards on *istD are undeniably Sandisk Ultra II and Extreme. So I
bought Sandisk Ultra II 512 as the one having good price/performance ratio.
Lexars despite having utilised by *istD Write Acceleration feature, are much
slower and more expensive than those which were faster... See results of
tests here:
http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=6007-6432

--
Best Regards