The current real street price of the D is $1350 USD via B&H, Adorama,
etc.  I wonder how much this will drop?  If Pentax can afford it, a
$1050 D would be  a good competitor.  The other rebate with the DA 16-45
is also nice since this sounds like a nicer than consumer grade lens.

Is our favorite camera co. flirting with the idea of becoming (gasp)
competitive?

Steven Desjardins
Department of Chemistry
Washington and Lee University
Lexington, VA 24450
(540) 458-8873
FAX: (540) 458-8878
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 01/30/04 11:41PM >>>
Sounds suspiciously close to the price someone mentioned Adorama as
having, that
they would not honor. Got a little ahead of themselves with the
advertising do
you suppose?

--

Albert F. wrote:

> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0401/04013002pentaxistcut.asp
>
> GOLDEN, Colorado (January 30, 2004).Dreams can come true. PENTAX
U.S.A.,
> Inc. has reduced the retail price of the*ist D digital SLR by $300.
The
> legendary camera manufacturer also is offering consumers an
additional $200
> cash back when combined with the purchase of the PENTAX 16-45mm DA
digital
> lens. These special savings are in effect February 1, 2004 through
June 30,

--
graywolf
http://graywolfphoto.com

"You might as well accept people as they are,
you are not going to be able to change them anyway."