So far it seems to be buttocks/breasts*, hobos, and prostitutes --e.g. fannies, bums, & solicitors. And, they say we americans are strange.

*Depending upon whether it is winter or summer where you are.

--

Steve Desjardins wrote:

So, what do you think we should retitle this thread as? <vbg>

Steven Desjardins Department of Chemistry Washington and Lee University Lexington, VA 24450 (540) 458-8873 FAX: (540) 458-8878 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

[EMAIL PROTECTED] 02/03/04 01:17PM >>>

Yes,

During the first week of what would become an 11-year sojourn in 'Oz, I

had this explained quite graphically to me by young lady during a mixed

conference meeting of about 20 persons. Took about a week for normal

colour to return to my face. Never forgot that one. Was reminded by some from time-to-time. They had a lot of fun with this Yank and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in 'Oz. A bit later, she turned out to be

one of the finest solictors I ever worked with.

Tanya Mayer Photography wrote:

This is too funny to me - in Australia, what we refer to as a "fanny"

is in

fact only found only on a lady and is the FRONT rather than the BACK

of

them, iykwim?

We here, call what you are referring to, a BUM! lol

AND rather than "fanny pack", it is a "bum bag"...

tan.

Hi,

Cesar wrote:

Can I find a larger fanny pack?

How big is your fanny likely to grow?

-- graywolf http://graywolfphoto.com

"You might as well accept people as they are,
you are not going to be able to change them anyway."