-----Original Message-----
From: Shel Belinkoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hi Nick .... In what way was the Minolta "rubbish?"  Have
> you scanned B&W negs with either?

I also used CoolScan 4000 for almost 2 years, and Minolta Scan Multi II
for a few months. I might have had a defective unit, but Minolta

-- had serious banding problems
-- the software is a piece of crap, that didn't do even what it was supposed to
-- the color reproduction (esp. the blue channel) was horrible. I routinely
   had pink areas (like, peoples lips) on my scans that had 0 blue!

it had a great price from calumet, but turned out to be a worthless piece of junk.

OTOH, the nikon was truly great scanner, and the only reason i parted with it
was to be able to scan mf as well. now i am waiting for the 9000 model.

mishka