On Tuesday, March 23, 2004, at 12:03 AM, tom wrote:
It's been a few years, but iirc, it was pretty bad. It's nickname was the
"best manual focus camera Nikon ever made."

*WOW*. Yes, I have received other eMails regarding this off of the list, and I hear it repeatedly. I haven't done much research into Nikon's AF yet, basing most of my opinions on the market share, which I know is a flawed approach. >blush<

Technically. Nikon put out a few versions of AF between the F4 and F5.

The only other alternative to F4 is an F100, but that brings me back up to MZ-S prices.