graywolf wrote:

> I did not intend to sent that to the list. I need to remember to change the
> recipient before typing, maybe a post-it note on the monitor. I do apologize to
> the list for posting it here.

Well, I haven't read much of the list lately - but
I'm down with a cold and can't
concentrate on work.

Just two points:

Why isn't easier to reply off list?  Is there no
way to do this without
(in my mail at least) having to copy and paste the
writer's address into
another window.  Can't it be set up so that one
can hit "reply' in whatever
mail server one is using and it will only be sent
to the person to whom
one wants to replY?  and using "Reply all" would
send it to the list as
well, but it would have to be a conscious
decision.

On PDML I have found even if I take the list
address off the send to line
it goes to the list - forcing it to the "reply
to".

The other list I'm on (which is a yahoo groups
list) the opposite is true -
one has to do an extra step to send to the list.
That list was set up
that way for the very reason that people were
publicly saying stuff that
they had meant to be private - and once it was
something not just idealistic
but intensely personal (That list's members are
mostly people who
know and see each other in real life a lot more
often than those here.)

The other point is simply that I think signature
lines, no matter what
they say (beyond one's name and "address",
 are one of the most annoying features of email.
I never read
them and strip them out when replying - they just
clutter things up.

sniffle sniffle, achoo achoo
annsan