>In a message dated 3/27/2004 6:04:44 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
I wonder why it only seems to spit that out on rare occasions, as opposed to
every time he gets an e-mail from PDML?  I mean, we should be getting about
200 of these a day, no?  Or, maybe his 'puter or server or something is
smart enough to do it once, and then not repeat, each time Max goes away.
>What to I know?

>BTW, have a great vacation, Max.  Show us pix!

>cheers,
frank

Programming-wise it's quite possible that on the very first reply, the
autobot detects it's sent an email to a list, then excludes that email address from
further replies. Ergo, no following auto replies, only one appearing. Some
autobots are pretty smart.

Though I've often wondered about it myself. Wondered why I only see one
autobot reply on the list every now and not for multiple messages. Not to say I am
not GLAD that I only see it now and then. ;-)

But I suspect the reason why is the one I have given above.

Marnie aka Doe