I think the very high strength threadlock from Threebond might do the trick. You should be able to find them in auto shops.

Regards,
Alan Chan
http://www.pbase.com/wlachan

Been digging my SMCT Screwmount 500/4.5 a bunch since I've gotten my lens support issues out of the way.

The biggest hassle I have at the moment is dealing with the screw mount adapter and my *ist-d. So, I've been thinking about a semi permanent attachment of the adapter to the lens.

I've tried removing the locking spring from the adaptor and using the screw to set the adapter on the lens, but it doesn't seem to hold. Which has lead to the thought of drilling a small hole or indent into to thread for the screw to set into.

I've also thought about some form of adhesive to attach the adapter to the lens, but I'm kind of torn as to what to use. I know epoxy would do the trick, but that would make it permanent. I've also thought about some of that blue thread lock compound but am unsure if that would be sufficient.

Has anyone used any type of adhesive in this manner, and how did it work out? Any other thoughts? I would like to come up with a solution that could be reversed if need be.

Add photos to your messages with MSN Premium. Get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines