That's a lovely shot. The color of the sky is perfect for a silhouetted bird photo.

Christian Skofteland wrote:

Long story short:  I live next to a 500+ acre reservoir in Maryland.
Everyday I drive past an old tree only a few hundred feet from my house that
is frequented by cormorants and birds of prey.  Today I drove past and saw
this:

http://home.mindspring.com/~c_skofteland/id10.html

The light was perfect, the bird was cooperating so grabbed the camera, long
lens and TCs ran back to an embankment above the water and shot about 50
frames.  Of course the one thing I REALLY needed was the cable release which
I left at home.  Most pictures suffered from camera shake, but I think this
one turned out pretty good.

Comments always welcomed.

Christian Skofteland
[EMAIL PROTECTED]