Antonio said:
> As to the international nature of the list (and I am only mentioning it
> because you brought it up) I do not see what bearing this has on
> anything - surely in times of conflict dialogue and debate should be
> welcomed between those with differing opinions - the way the world
> seems to be going debate and consensus are fast being replaced by the
> gun and alienation, the "you are with us or against us type attitude".

Experience has shown that most members of this list do not want inflammatory
OFF-TOPIC subjects debated HERE, even if they are valid and useful subjects for
dialogue and debate ELSEWHERE. You're right, people should discuss these
things. But NOT in a forum where they generally agree to set such differences
aside to discuss a subject of mutual interest. This would be such a forum.
We have enough fun & games with the inflammatory ON-topic subjects!!

ERN