> I've been debating taking a Photoshop class. (7 is what I'll
> be using, and
> let's not go there again, re versions. ;-))
>
> So I am curious, if you use Photoshop, did you ever take a
> class in it?
>
> Or did you just learn it from books?

I had a hard time with Photoshop until I took an online course in it,
years ago. Since then I have just been learning more as I went along.
I've never bothered to read a book about it. You might want to check out
the book Adobe Photoshop 7.0 for Photographers, First Edition by Martin
Evening http://tinyurl.com/2vqy7

It got varying reviews on Amazon, but check it out for yourself.

ERN is right; not all professors are that great. Maybe you could see if
you could sit in on a class with the instructor of the class you want to
take and see if you like him/her.

Amita