I guess it's because most "good" F lenses are rare and hard to find now. I have been looking for a mint F50/1.4 for years but seen none so far.

Alan Chan
http://www.pbase.com/wlachan

I don't see much mention of these lenses on this list.  I see lots of A, M,
and FA talk of course.  I've recently gotten 2 F series lenses, the 28 2.8
and the 50 1.7.  The 28 2.8 gives nice results, with good sharpness even
wide open, the 50 1.7 is extraordinary.  I feel that it out resolves the A
series 50 1.7 in all respects, regarding color contrast, sharpness, control
of aberrations and ultimate resolution.  And the A 50 1.7 is really, really
good!  Even using the F 50 1.7 on my istD there is very little vignetting
wide open...  Better than the A series.  A very impressive lens, and
available for very good prices on ebay.  The AF is also good by Pentax
standards.

Add photos to your e-mail with MSN Premium. Get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines