I'd be hoping for the FA* to be replace with a New FA* w/o power zoom. Seems unlikely thought...

Sylwester Pietrzyk wrote:

on 24.06.04 9:28, Alan Chan at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Perhaps they finally noticed it didn't sell after so many years? Personally,
I am not that optimiztic. Remember the A70-210/4 was replaced by
F70-210/4-5.6? Perhaps Pentax will go the f4 route since Pentax f2.8 zooms
don't sell. Or they might just make some DA f2.8 zooms to keep the cost
down?

Who knows? Indeed FA* 80-200/2.8 while great lens was heavy and big and
expensive with unused extras like powerzoom... It was way outdated. Cheap DA
zoom in this range with f2.8, tripod mount, QSF mechanism, weight under 1kg
and 67mm filters would be great, of course only for DSLR users.