Mr Robb quoted Mr Whaley and then replied, thus:
> > I noticed they did carefully leave out the aperture range...
>
> f/2.8-f/4.6
> Its in the specifications at the bottom of the page.
> Not bad for a 5X zoom lens.

Seems they're using the same lens from the 450, 550, 555.
FWIW, I think it's a very nice lens. I'm very happy with the quality of the
images my 550 has produced.

> A hot shoe would be nice, although I expect there are 3 people in the
> world who would buy one and put a flash onto it.
> Perhaps if you want a hot shoe, you are supposed to buy an SLR?

Perhaps!
As a matter of fact, that *is* one reason I bought the SLR. (One of several
reasons.)

ERN