Rob Studdert mused:

> On 14 Sep 2004 at 7:54, Peter Loveday wrote:
>
> > Well, having read the *ist-Ds preview on dpreview.com, I thought I'd have to
> > catch up on thousands of comments here.  But not one?  Is the list working? :)
> >
> > All I can say is, while its nice to have another DSLR in the fold, I'm glad I
> > have a *ist-D.
>
> Me too, buffer is better but they can stick the SD card up their Rs.
>
> I can't see many *ist D owners running out to buy one as a back-up body.

I certainly shan't be getting one.

I'm pleased to see it's still got a rigid metal chassis (presumably the same
internals as the *ist-D), and the larger, higher-resolution LCD woud be nice.

For the rest of it, though, I'll stick with the *ist-D.  Trading off my
hyper-program mode for a set of auto-picture modes doesn't appeal one whit.
I care less about the TIFF or the low-resolution modes, and I'm not too
tempted by the extra range of the controls; if I care, I'll shoot raw.
I'd like the extra buffer size, but not enough to got to a body that uses
incompatible media.