Gary J Sibio wrote:

> Well, apparently a lot of people believe that faster is better - all
> other things being equal - because so few of them bought ISO 25 film
> that it wasn't worth it for the manufacturers to continue it.

The loss of K25 that is most distressing is not about fast Vs slow film,
but rather about color accuracy.  Many of today's E6 films have finer
grain and are sharper than old K25 but lack it's color accuracy.
Recently read an article by a fellow who makes a living chronicling
flower and plant species and he was making this point.  I have not used
K25 for some time now, because like most people I go for the bold,
larger than life, colors in my nature pictures.  For people pictures,
where accurate skin tones are important, I use negative film.

Cheers,  Mike.