Jens said:
> I think Pentax has shown odd or inconsistante policies for camera settings:
>
> The MZ-S does not allow for setting the aperture from the camera body, only
> on the lens.
> Pentax ist, *ist D and *ist Ds (the ist series) do not support setting the
> aperture on the lens. Because these bodies do not have an aperture
> simulator.
>
> It's not that Pentax do not support K & M lenses. They do in a way.
> The problem as I see it, is that Pentax "ist-series" doesn't support AE when
> setting the aperure on the lens.
> That actually goes for A, and FA lenses too!

Yep, and the ZX-series was *totally* inconsistent.
ZX-5 and ZX-5n -- the user could not set the aperture from the body, only on
the lens
ZX-10 -- the user could set the aperture from either body or lens
ZX-30, -50, -60 -- the user could not set the aperture on the lens, only from
the body
(and I don't know about the -7 and the -6, but I'm guessing they're like the -
10?)

ERN