From: William Robb [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2004 3:17 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Even more compatibility issues again! (WAS: RE: istDs -
what a great camera!)

----- Original Message -----
From: "J. C. O'Connell"
what a great camera!)

> The aperture setting is no more precise with K/M
> lenses on the istD.
>
> The metering is not as precise at small fstops
> and/or low light levels with K/M lenses
> because it is now the old stop down method which lowers sensitivity
> and accuracy.

I find it amusing that you make these pronouncements like as if you are
some kind of latter day Moses. The big difference is you haven't talked
to God, and you don't have the stone tablets to back up what you are
saying.

1) the removal of the aperture simulator is a metering issue, not an
aperture precision issue.
2) the pronouncment about metering being imprecise flies in the face of
user experience, which shows that it is perfectly precise.

William Robb