The back can be removed easily so you might just buy another one to replace it. Or you may strip down the back and see which part needs to be replaced (the rubber probably) and order from Pentax Parts Department. It will be much cheaper this way.

Alan Chan
http://www.pbase.com/wlachan

The exposure compensation and metering mode buttons on the rear door of my PZ-1p have just failed. Does anyone know the easiest (cheapest) solution? Wasn't there once a databack (time/date stamp thingy) available? Is that something I could buy and install myself to solve my problem? Is it still available anywhere? Is there a better solution?