John Whittingham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > It is in the LX, MZ-3 ZX5n in my experience.  There have
been
> > problems reported with the *ist-d.
>
> Hi Peter
>
> Ever tried the MZ-3 ZX-5n with the AF400FTZ, would you care to
comment on
> performance?

John,

According to my experience, the performance is almost perfect,
although I do prefer to use the 400FTZ on the Z-1p, for a matter
of balance and the easier flash compensation. I do prefer to
shot in manual mode and leave a -1 compensation when I use the
MZ-3 or MZ-5n.
To be honest, I've never experienced poor TTL flash behaviour
with any Pentax body/flash, except maybe the Z-50p and its built
in flash coupled with screwmount modified lenses (non Pentax
lenses, btw). Even the *istD works well, no matter the Iso
chosen. The only problems occur when I forget to modify a wrong
setting (i.e., when I, while shooting at say 6m, decide to shot
something at less than 1m with the lens still wide open...)
Everything works fine as long asyou stay within the range of the
setup.
I do prefer the Pentax TTL flash to the Nikon system (which I
used a lot) for almost every situation.

Ciao,

Gianfranco

=====