> I have some concerns about moving to digital, not as a replacement for film
> but as a supplemental system.
>
> Are these problems typical of the Pentax dslr, or are there just a few
> people here with such problems who post a lot looking for help in resolving
> these issues.  From what I gather most of the regulars here are using an
> istD.  How many have had NO problems with their cameras, software, memory
> cards, or what have you?  Who has had serious problems, where the cameras
> has had to go in for repair, or be replaced, within a year or less after
> purchase?  Who has had a problem, regardless of what it was, that caused a
> loss of images, or prevented a shooting session from being completed?
>
> I've had my little Sony for 18 months or so, maybe more, and have not had a
> single glitch with it. I just put in a card, make sure the battery has
> juice, and point and shoot merrily all day long.  Can that be expected from
> the Pentax istD?
>
> Shel

Shel, I am just about done my *istD poll answers and hope to have them posted
later this
after noon.
Maybe this will help a bit.
I only received 10 replies,so its not a good x section but what the hey:-)

I was hoping to hear from Bill and Ryan and a few others that seemed to have
problems.

OTOH,I had to have the main board on my D2H replaced earlier in October.Its
under
warranty,but,
when things go wrong,they really go wrong<vbg>No worse i suppose than  a PZ
camera in for
electrical repairs i suppose.

Dave