Yes Dave I bought it through Blacks. I was surprised that A) they even
carried it and B) offered it at the best price I could find. Apparently the
$1,699
is their listed price and it really makes no difference if you're an air miles
card carrier or not. That's where I saw it at that price but the clerk said
she would sell it out of the store for that price. She tracked one down at a
London Ont. store and it's being couriered to the local store for Wednesday...
think it's a good price. But it's body only, no lenses. I really didn't want
another lens, even if it was a good price....

I have looked at the ist DS and liked it very much. I had expected to buy a
DS just because the Ist D was so much more money. The $200 price reduction
brought them close enough that I was willing to pay extra for the more full
featured Ist D...
Vic