[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Wouldn't switching to CMOS require extensive redesign of software and systems?

So? Even the ist-DS is different enough that it requires a different RAW
converter.

>I would think that Pentax will stay the course with CCD. I wonder where
>John Francis stands on this?

I have it on good authority that Pentax is going CMOS eventually. Count
on it. (That's not a big revelation: It's common knowledge in the
industry that everyone is going that way for cost reasons) I expect the
next DSLR will be the one that makes the move. I was actually quite
surprised that the DS was CCD rather than CMOS but I expect they used as
much of the original ist-D as possible in order to shorten the design
cycle.

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing