Answers below:

> fra: "Michael Heim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Now that we are speaking about "looking away" and "do's & don'ts". Lets
> get ethical:
> Should photographers make a declaration when having manipulated (i mean:
> worked hard in photoshop) a picture?

No.  Any photograph is already manipulated, from the moment you choose what to
photograph and how.

> Examples:
> - adding grain digitally ;-)
> - putting objects in or taking them out of a picture
> - changing colours (with digital colour filters)
> - cutting pimpels out of faces

These are things that were done in the darkroom a hundred years ago.  Photoshop
makes no difference.

> Does it make a difference if the photos are for
> - newspapers
> - magazines
> - a photo exhibition?

Only if the tekst say something that isn't true.  If a journalist or artist
claims that an altered photograph shows something that is true, he is telling a
lie. The photograph just shows something, it is the context that matters.

We should never believe photographs, because they are so easy to believe in but
lie so easily.

DagT