Wierd discoveries:
I've been folling around with my D and some TTL flashes (AF 500FTZ, Metz CT3
and Metz 32 Z-2).

Unlike PZ-1  and MZ-S, when the camera is set to Green Program or "P", it
will NOT choose speeds longer than 1/60 sec.
(using FA 1.4/50mm), no matter which dedicated falsh is used (This used to
vary with the falsh used). That's an improvement - I used to hate, when it
choose 1/30 sec. The reason for using MANUAL-mode when ever a flash was on.

In Green Mode the camera will choose fro 1/60 to ?
If the speed is faster than 1/150 sec. the flash simply won't fire.
But here's the funny part: If I point the camera directly into a light
source (light bulb) the camera may chose a bigger aperture (like 2.0) and a
slightly faster speed (like 1/200sec.) If I turn the camera down towards a
darker place - it will choose perhaps 5.6 and 1/100 sec.
Now, that's wierd!!

In P mode it's the same as green mode, except it will not go above (faster)
1/150 sec. (max sync. speed)
(Green mode and P-mode is good for all 'round shooting)

In Tv mode the camera can be set to any speed equal to or slower than 1/150
sec
Tv is good for "slow-flash" shots - you know; the girl friend in front of
the setting sun, utilizing the long speed for the background, the flash for
freezing the model).

In Av mode the camera will choose from speeds between 1/60 and 1/150secs.
Av is good for when you want to utilize the available light, without risking
too low speeds/motion blur.

I guess I'll start using Av mode now (now I have the lower 1/60 secs.
imit)  - and of cource I must remember to check the "flash OK" indication
light.

I hope this makes sence for D-users as well as for DS-users.

Jens Bladt
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://hjem.get2net.dk/bladt