lol ... I love taking pictures in fog and just after rain. Cold
doesn't bother me too much, as long as I'm prepared for it. But
then again, I am the person who would prefer to live on an
island in the Irish Sea. ;-)

Regards the Egyptian, it's probably an "ok" place to shoot as
long as you don't make a pest of yourself. I don't know what
they'd think about tripods, though, and people setting up for
precise work.

Whatever ... There are so many places in the greater SF Bay Area
to go make photographs. How about coastal places, like Pigeon
Point, Davenport, etc? Or wandering further afield ... I would
love another expedition to Point Lobos. Or I could spend (will
spend...) weeks in SF downtown, North Beach, The Castro, the
Presidio, etc.

As of the end of this month, my present contract work is over
and I'm back to full time photography again. I also have a nice
little Land Rover which can seat five in a pinch, with plenty of
space to carry photo gear in the back. So there are always
options, even for those who might not want to do so much driving
themselves... ;-)

Godfrey

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> In a message dated 2/8/2005 10:20:10 AM Pacific Standard Time,
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> I'm not sure I'd want to visit Alcatraz this early in the
year.
> ======
> Truthfully, I really wouldn't either. The beginning of March,
the weather is
> likely still to be too iffy to be that near the water. Or too
cold.