Sometime during 14/02/2005, Jens Bladt & Paul Stenquist wrote:
From: "Jens Bladt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I agree with Paul.
To me compostition is about how to take the eyes of the spectatores for a I
ride around/into the picture.
So, often, it's about lines.
It's also about light. The bright parts seem to catch the eyes first.
Bright parts of a photograph need to be important(essential - or at least to
lead the eyes to where the messages is.
This is one of the reasons, that a portrait with a very bright background
(passport photographs) are rarely very pleasing.
The eyes want to wander away from the face and the essential part of the
image. This can be mended in a way, by creating dark corners (oposite
vignetting) - to create a bright, central part of the image.

Jens Bladt
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://hjem.get2net.dk/bladt

-----Oprindelig meddelelse----- Fra: Paul Stenquist [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

You have a very good sense of composition and frame. I find almost all
of these quite excellent. The only exception would be the windmill,
which appears somewhat awkward and disjointed to my eye. But the others
are very good. The staircase is a great composition, so too the
graffiti. The frosted tree is a very pretty shot. Nice work and welcome
to the list.
Paul Stenquist

[ Re this photo http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=1695498 ]

Thanks for the comments. I found another couple of photos of that windmill I'd taken at the time. I'm not sure either solve any of the problems, but...
which seems to be leaning over slightly, and then from a bit further back
which might benefit from being cropped a little on the left and perhaps right.

Eric.