I have just acquired a Tamron 300mm f5.6, 58mm filter thread in an M42
mount. Cost was the equivalent of $78 US. It appears to be in perfect
condition. I am just waiting on a bayonet adapter so I can use it. The only
info I could find on the web says it is sharp.

Does anyone have any experience (good or bad) with this lens?

My main use would be nature photography. I do a lot of bush walking and
travel light. I don't go for big blow-ups but I need to get shots that are
at least of publishable quality.

Peter