Bob W wrote:

At least weddings and fashion have people in them!

Even then....

I was going to say all but certainly most photography is derivative. It's nearly all been done before - you can look at web pages of thumbnails of insects, landscapes, street scenes, etc., etc., etc. and there will be one image in a thousand that makes it past the cursory glance. There are very _very_ few photographs that really leap out and grab my attention. One of the reasons I like this mailing list is that many of the members are able to harness the inadequacies of the presentation medium and do that for me.

The quality of photograph presented, and acceptable to, the general public is as appalling as .....

Hmmmm, I can feel a rant coming on....

mike