From: Peter J. Alling [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2005 12:38 PM
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: Re: APS Sensor Size

APS C is aps Classic, more or less the same ratio as 35mm film  (35mm ~
24x36mm, APS-C ~ 16x24)).
APS-H is the HDTV format on APS thats ~ 16x30, the other APS format is
panoramic which is 10x30mm.
As far as I now there aren't any Digital cameras that have a Panoramic
sensor.  I doubt that there are any that
have an APS-H sized sensor.  BTW all of these are only approximated by
digital manufactures, the ratios of the
sensors are not quite the same as APS or 35mm and the sensor size is a
bit smaller than APS-C as well, (though not much
smaller), Pentax for example is actually 23.5x15.7.

--
I can understand why mankind hasn't given up war.
During a war you get to drive tanks through the sides of buildings