Oh yes, you can use the lenses on the 645.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

From: "William Robb" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 2005/03/17 Thu PM 12:27:22 GMT
To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Subject: Re: Potential buyrs of a D645?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mishka"

why not? i would imagine, people who bought p645 were budget-conscious
(or they would have bought contax instead), and for those, digital MF
right now exists only in theory (pricewise). hopefully, D645 would
cost less than a new
car. then i would buy one.

The Pentax 645 has been around for a very long time, at least a couple of decades. and there are a lot of 645 lenses out there.
It precedes the Contax by a very long time.
Although I don't have any 645 equipment, I imagine that someone who has invested in that camera and format over the past 20-25 years would be quite happy for the possibility of a digital body to mount his/her lenses to.

Sooooo..... Where does all this leave the 67 system?

Email sent from www.ntlworld.com
virus-checked using McAfee(R) Software
visit www.ntlworld.com/security for more information

--
I can understand why mankind hasn't given up war. During a war you get to drive tanks through the sides of buildings and shoot foreigners - two things that are usually frowned on during peacetime.
--P.J. O'Rourke