>All but the cat-on-balcony shot were shot on a tripod, and I have
>at least a couple different exposures of each. I'm not happy with the
>way the red bricks photographed in any of them. The only detail I'm
>getting is the contrast of shadows, and the occaisional lucky just-at-
>the-right-angle reflection. I suspect I'll have the same problem with
>the white when I pay more attention to it. LEGO is just too darn
>reflective, and there is great contrast in the few, basic colors.
>
>I'd really like to get the natural-light shots to work well because
>I'm going to be photographing this church from the inside, with the
>roof on. I'll have sunlight coming from the wall behind the altar. I
>can bounce photolamps through the side windows, but I only have a few
>feet clearance on either side of the church. It's on a 5 1/2' x 7'
>table in my living room. I'd really like the wall with the organ to
>photograph well (it faces the windows behind the altar) because it's
>the highlight of the church and is the most interesting LEGO
>construction in it, but I can't get that textured wall to show detail.
>It's also difficult to tell the organ is made of round pieces, and not
>just a mosaic on the wall.

You probably are going to need to get some white sheets and make reflectors
and defiantely don't use any light coming from teh direction fo the camera
directly, hit it at an angle

Also, on interior shots, figure out what is obsrtuctive walls (where you can
see what is behind them, and put some refelctive material in there (since it
wont show) and let that bounces some light for you.

You might even want to get a small flash with a slave eye, some tissue or
other difusser on it and have it firing inside the setup!

You defiantely need a hand light meter, and maybe even using a polarizer
will help cut some of the refelctiveness of the red down!

Sounds like quite a fun challenge.

If using sunlight, you may have to get some mirrors/foil nearby to bounce
some light in directions its not going!