At 11:50 pm 13/04/2005, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi Bruce,
Yes, it was flat light. But warm flat light can be nice for flowers. Here's the side by side.
No flash:

Flash:

I like them from straight on. Particularly when the cone and petals are a different color. I've shot them from a lot of different angles as well, but head-on is ?robably my favorite daffodil look. That's highly subjective of course.

Paul

Hi Paul,
I don't normally like the harshness of flash arcing across the stygian darkness (yep, I realise this is just fill in flash here) photos but here it really seems to help bring out the 3D form of the daffodil compared to the non-flash photo. I like it, and the yellow shadow on the white petals. There seems to be more texture in the petals too.
Eric.