mike wilson wrote:

Cotty wrote:

On 18/4/05, John Francis, discombobulated, unleashed:

So, how do you like your Ford, Cotty (grin)?

Ain't no damn Ford badge on my motor, tosh!

The new ones have Jaguar motors, though.
(The old ones use a Buick).

You're talking about the V8s - I have a 2.5 litre four cylinder diesel
that is Land Rover through and through. Our petrol is taxed to the hilt
and costs nearly three GBP per gallon. I could afford to run a V8 without
a problem - but not as well as IS.....

When did you last buy fuel? It's just under 90p a litre up here, which translates to much closer to £5 per gallon in my book. 8-) I suspect double that is not so far away 8-((

And diesel is the most expensive of all....

mike

Interesting about the diesel... I am used to seeing diesel being the least expensive, outside the USA. I do recall a time when in the USA people were buying diesel cars since it was cheaper. This is no longer the case from what I have seen though.

Enjoying taking time off from 'obligations' and just having time to myself,

César
Panama City, Florida