> I believe the main purpose of a digital slr at this state is to signalize
that the
>K-mount will be taken over into the digital age and that customers can
continue
>buying K-mount cameras and lenses knowing that their system will be
>compatible with up-to-date digital cameras.

I just recently bought my first SLR and it's a Pentax. I feel I'm not
wasting my money investing in Pentax lenses because they won't be obsolete
in a few years, even when I don't plan in spending $7000 in a digital. So
the digital SLR may also boost the sells of other Pentax products. Maybe in
5 years I can get a digital for considerably less than $7000... There's no
doubt that the future is digital.

Hernan.