----- Original Message -----
From: "Ray Allen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: June 3, 2001 4:42 AM
Subject: Special Gallery on PUG

> I have noticed the following on the PUG Home Page:
>
> In July of 2001, Pentax will be discontinuing the LX camera
body.
> To commemorate the 20 year history of the ultimate 35mm Pentax
camera,
> a PUG style gallery will be presented in August, 2001.
> We invite submissions from Pentax LX users for this gallery.
>
> I think this is a very appropriate and fitting thing to do to
honour the end
> of the production run of such a wonderful camera which I have
always lusted
> after
> but which I considered was beyond my limited means.
>
> Might I suggest that consideration be given to a similar
gallery in just
> over
> three years from now, July 2004 to be precise, to celebrate 40
years since
> the introduction of the Asahi Pentax Spotmatic. I know it is
still a fair
> way off
> but it is never too early to plant the seed of such an idea.
>
> The only SLRs I have ever owned are Spotmatics and I am
enthusiastically
> dedicated
> to the breed and have no desire to change from them.

I like the idea, though I probably won't participate, and you
will have to talk a different PUG maintainer into it. I will be
handing this job off sometime later this year.
When I put the idea forward for a commemorative gallery, Doug
mentioned the possibility of something like this happening,
where all of a sudden, every camera gets it's own commemorative
gallery.
He strongly disagreed with the idea, as it is not in keeping
with the PUG mandate. This is why the PUG will not be hosting
the LX gallery. I am using the PUG as a vehicle for advertising
it, but it will be going up on a different server, for a couple
of reasons.
I suspect that any gallery of this sort that we put on as
members of the PDML should be hosted elsewhere.
The PUG and the PDML are cousins, but they don't live in the
same house.

William Robb
Remember, the LX Gallery is coming up.
Please see: