Darryl,

I have never had my hands on a FA* 4 200mm Macro.

I can say that the loss of speed between the M200/4 and the K200/2.5 is worth
worrying about, especially if you have visions of using a teleconverter too.

As to price, I think $275 would be really cheap, $350 would be low, and $450
might be an ebay price... if you could find one there.  I've seen two or
three in the past 3(?) years and bought one of them!

Regards,  Bob S.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< What is the groups opinion on the possibility of trading in a SMC Pentax
 K-mount manual focus 2.5 200mm on the new FA* 4 200mm macro?  What would
 be the pros and cons of such a trade for example:

     Manual vs Auto Focus
     Weigh of Lens
     Loss of Speed on the FA*4

 If I deside to trade what would be a fair price for the 2.5?.  >>