--- Mishka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> viewfinder quality has nothing to do with the sensor size.
> case in point: P6x7 and ME-Super. both are fantastic,
> similar mag., vastly different formats. oh, ME-S was
> also (and still is) dirt cheap

I gave some thought about this and think you are mostly correct. 0.9X
viewfinder is
0.9X regardless of the format. However, it might not be practically correct.
What I
mean is, 50mm for film SLR = 33mm for *istD/DS/DL practically. Since wider angle
lens yield smaller image details through the viewfinder, smaller format is more
difficult to manual focus in practical sense. It is like using 33mm on film SLR
and
it is more difficult to manual focus than 50mm on the same body, just that now
the
edges have been masked in D/DS/DL. I hope I am making sense.

Alan Chan
http://www.pbase.com/wlachan