On 17 Jun 2005 at 10:01, Joaquim Carvalho wrote:

> SuperCal and it is free.
> Software calibrators are as good as or better than any calibration tool,
> the problem is not everybody can use them, you have to understand how
> they work:
>
> Software calibrators use you as the light sensor, you have to adjust the
> brightness of several color areas to match the brightness of another
> area that has some pixels ON and some other OFF, you must put your eyes
> out of focus so the light/darkness from adjacent pixels blends,
> concentrate and do it acuratelly and for several times with the three
> RGB colors at several brightness levels. This way the software gets to
> know the precise brightness curve for each light component, as seen by
> you, and generates a perfect color profile.

WOW, the money I could have saved.

I suggest that you do just a tiny bit of research before you go misleading the
good folks here. Visual calibration is useful to a point i.e. gamma adjustment
but it cannot be used to set colour temperature or absolute black and white
levels to pre-set standards.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998