Thursday, July 21, 2005, 2:17:13 PM, Shel wrote:
SB> Last week we talked about whether or not an 18mm lens on a Pentax DSLR and
SB> a 28mm lens on an SLR were equivalent.  Saturday my friend and I tested the
SB> concept.  Here are the results.  You decide how close the two lenses are to
SB> being equivalent.

SB> http://home.earthlink.net/~pdml-pics/2818.html

I don't see any difference in perspective. The slight difference in
framing can be attributed to two simply "rounding error" - the real
crop factor of the DSLR is more like 1.53x instead of plain 1.5x and
most 18mm and 28mm lenses are not true 18mm or 28mm, and their barrel
distortion can differ as well. But looking for overlapping far/near
objects, I can't see any difference (just as the theories predict).

Frantisek