The digital era made me a better photographer, yes.
But that's just because I've shot soo many more pics last two years
than ever before.
Yes the great majority of them was, actually, crap.
Still, doing 6000 pics in one year and half, taught me a lot of things....
Also, the ability to check them few hours after shooting them (I mean
on a pc monitor, I never look at them in the in-camera LCD, I only use
it for the hystogram) is better than wait for some days, the chances
to remember what you've done for each pic is higher (for me).
I've also had the ability to try Infrared photography, which I dubt
I'll ever tried with film. I do not have an enlarger (yet).
Oh, but I'm not a digital-only fan, no. I still like to look at
projected slides, they are better than any monitor (never tried,
though, an LCD projector, but I feel it's not the same...)

cheers,
Danilo.