On 26 Jul 2005 at 5:46, Steve Larson wrote:

> Hi Shel, if its not the cable connection or the video card, it could be a
> loose solder joint.
> Most likely its the flyback transformer going bad. A loose solder joint is
> easy,
> if you can find it. But be careful there are voltages in there that will knock
> you on the floor. Take the back off and look at all the solder joints with a
> high power magnifying glass and look for tiny cracks. Is the yellow cast there
> when its first turned on, or after it warms up?

I wouldn't advise anyone without suitable qualifications to go poking around in
the back of any CRT based equipment even after it's been turned off, the
voltages there can lay you out on the floor permanently.

Often if a cable or connection on one or more colour channels goes bad they
will become intermittent and there will be permanent or sporadic loss of the
entire colour. Components gradually failing and falling out of spec may lead to
colour casts but probably wouldn't be apparent on visual inspection though
burnt/charred circuit boards or electrolytic capacitors with shrunken labels
can be an indicator. Best leave it to an expert though.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998